(i) Kopiken in association with the International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations (IFRRO), the Kenya Non Fiction Writers Association (KENFAA), Kenya Copyright Board (KECOBO), the International Authors Forum (IAF), Kopinor, and the Copyright Licensing Agency (CLA) held a workshop on AUTHORSHIP IN KENYA, COPYRIGHT AND RELATED ISSUES at the Laico Regency Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya March 27th 2014. The workshop sought to address issues of authors rights, recognising those rights and how to exploit them; authors rights and the organising of authors both at national and international levels; authors organizations and RRO’s; how RRO activities can benefit authors; copyright and the legal framework and digital Rights issues. [See pictures here.]
(ii) Kopiken also attended the Kopinor/Norcode Regional Seminar that was held in Kampala on Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd of April. Two staff members from Kopiken were present. The program focused on developments in RRO’s and organizations presented a national report highlighting achievements, challenges and opportunities. Other issues deliberated upon were the RRO relationship to rights holders and also statistical surveys. [See picture here.]
Kopiken launches new license fee for copyshops and a new quarterly licensing system.
> Read more
For more photos from some of these events, please see our Photo Album.
- Kopiken participated at the Annual General Meeting of IFRRO in Oslo on 22 October 2009. [See picture here.]
- Kopiken has had a meeting with the PS Ministry of Education. [See picture here.]
- Kopiken participated at the 12th Nairobi International Book Fair from 22nd September to 27th September 2009.
- 2-19 June 2009, Kopiken took part at a training programme in Oslo, Norway, on Management on Copyright and Related Rights in the Global Economy, arranged by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the Norwegian Copyright Development Association (Norcode). [See our pictures here.]
- The Annual General Meeting of Kopiken was held on 23 April 2009. [See pictures here.]
- Kopiken participated at the 11th Nairobi International Book Fair, 24th-28th September, 2008. [See pictures here.]
- Kopiken gets a new General Manager: At the helm of the organization, Ms. Sharon Musimbi Chahale will be charged with the responsibility of taking Kopiken to the next level.
- Kopiken launches a new logo on 29 April 2008 with the Attorney General Hon. Amos Wako in attendance. Kopiken has acquired a new face by replacing the old logo and with the new one. [See more pictures here.]
- Kopiken distributes royalties: In April 2008, Kopiken distributed royalties to its member associations.
- Kopiken licenses first copyshop: In February 2007, Kopiken licensed the first copy shop in Kenya and continues to pursue all avenues to ensure that licensing activities raise remunerations for its rights holders. [See pictures here.]